Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for a frog to eat too much?
if there are too many FF's cruising around the habitat will the frogs eat themselves to death?

G

·
Yep, frogs can get huge! The other problems is stress. They need to be able to get away from their food source. My fruit flies have no manners and always climb all over my frogs :) Maybe yours are nicer.

·
Registered
850 Posts
With fruitflies you shouldn't have a problem. Dart frogs won't eat themselves to death in one feeding if thats what your asking, but I have heard of many frogs that were overweight. This can be fatal. Trust me though, you would know if your frog is overweight.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one of my froglets just died today, and he seemed kinda fat,
at least he was the one who seemed to eat the most...

and no my fruit flys do not have any manners either...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
tkanavan that sucks :cry:

I here with termites they can be overfed easy. I want more termites! hasnt rained so not that many right now :x Hopefully soon there will be some.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its been real wet here just too cold for them to come out...
which i know they will be the house i live in was once totaly infested...

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I asked the same question and really backed off my feeding and my frogs seem a lot more active and my Azureus started to breed after the weight came off.

I think this pick will answer your question:

tkavan01 said:
Is it possible for a frog to eat too much?
if there are too many FF's cruising around the habitat will the frogs eat themselves to death?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm glad to hear they managed to get back to a healthy weight,
i've cut back from dumping in about 20 or so flies a day to just around five or six...
i hope the other two guys pull through...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts