Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three seven of the eggs I pulled out of my tinc tank today had thier insides on thier outside, well not completely but the yokes were broke. There are four Tincs in the setup and only one has been positively sexed as male (called). Although I have never seen any fighting of any type I'm wonder if they could have been taken out by another female. I did notice an unusual amount of activity in the hotel. Two seperate frogs appeared to be fertilizing the clutch but one was acting oddly. He had the clutch directly under him as usual except that it appeared to be striking at the side of the lid (I did not observe it strike the eggs). Then in walks the second frog and rubs it butt all over the eggs in a much more proper display of fertalization, during which the first frogs appeared to be striking AT the second frog!

Side notes: I did not see which frog layed the eggs, and this is only the second clutch for whoever the female is.

So the question is, what broke the yokes, and what the heck was the first frog up to?

Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have heard cases of extra tank members stomping and tongue flicking eggs. This ia a bid reason to keepthem in pairs if you want to breed them. I would pull the one that was tongue flicking the eggs and try again.

Keep us updated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts