Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently was given a toad(fowler?) by a family member that is kinda banged up and was worried about em. It looks like he got into a fight with something, but his left eye is damaged and has a small cut behind it as well. I took a look and the toad would make a popping noise every now and then, this would happen 2 to 3 times while the toad mouths opens and would puff up. I'll try to post a picture, but I would like to help it and give it a good life if possible. Any suggestions like antibiotics I can find and apply to the wound?

Thanks for any and all help !

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some photos: Flash on first pic, no flash and macro on the rest.....

I just wanna help the poor guy....he seems happier in my tank as he walks around when he would not budge elsewhere....but ya....

Thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
Would ask ed what he thinks. I would say meds from a vet to prevent infection.doubt he will be able to return to the wild though.maybe try a local reptile/amphinian rescue

·
Registered
351 Posts
Would ask ed what he thinks. I would say meds from a vet to prevent infection.doubt he will be able to return to the wild though.maybe try a local reptile/amphinian rescue
I would say that the only reason the toad cannot return would be the risk of novel pathogens, toads are tough...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to talk to Ed.....I would really like to know some meds to apply to the wound..if that is possible. Defiantly got into it with something thats for sure....

Yeah I really doubt he will make it into the wild again (which I'd like to do), but I doubt it. So my next best option is heal the wounds and give him a good home here....

I gave him some bean beetles and small crickets dusted with vitamins. Ate a couple, but depth perception/accuracy is off and looks like it hurts a bit to grab prey. He would go for it (either grabbing it or missing) then puttin his head down like "Ow, that hurt". He moves and responds to food, but wont go after it much. I set up a small tank for him to feel comfortable....he does not seem stressed.

Thanks to everyone that helps !!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it will not take food hand feed, i've tried. I'll try to shoot him an email. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts