Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man!! I'm pretty sure I have been watering my plants. My creeping Charlie's leaves are turning yellow as well as the new growth. So I'd like to let them dry out a day or two longer before I water. However, I have a question: my tank stays pretty humid, and I have a fan that kicks in every 2 hours for 5 minutes, so things ain't getting stagnant. But how often should I water my broms? Are they good as long as they have water inside? I also have some marcgravia growing on some sphagnum moss. Do you guys/gals do occasional spot waterings and later on do full tank waterings? And I do it all by hand. It's my jam.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh man!! I'm pretty sure I have been watering my plants. My creeping Charlie's leaves are turning yellow as well as the new growth. So I'd like to let them dry out a day or two longer before I water. However, I have a question: my tank stays pretty humid, and I have a fan that kicks in every 2 hours for 5 minutes, so things ain't getting stagnant. But how often should I water my broms? Are they good as long as they have water inside? I also have some marcgravia growing on some sphagnum moss. Do you guys/gals do occasional spot waterings and later on do full tank waterings? And I do it all by hand. It's my jam.
I water by hand spray every day. It lets me see how the tank is water to a plants individual needs and note how the frogs are. More automation means not looking and in my days of a coral reef= disaster

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I water by hand spray every day. It lets me see how the tank is water to a plants individual needs and note how the frogs are. More automation means not looking and in my days of a coral reef= disaster
Maybe stupid to ask....but... What do you do when you go on vacation?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turn down light and have a bare min fan cycle. I’m never gone more than 1 week. Always works. If longer than I need a human visitor to help out
Ok cool, I was looking in to getting an automated system to ONLY mist for vacations. But I'll hold off then. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok cool, I was looking in to getting an automated system to ONLY mist for vacations. But I'll hold off then. Thanks guys!
I’m a bit of tech but old school. I believe in misting daily or twice as it forces me to look at plants and identify issues and most importantly see how frogs are doing. I know people have amazing automated systems but for me it’s like starting the coffee maker in the am. It’s a great way to start and finish a day🥃

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m a bit of tech but old school. I believe in misting daily or twice as it forces me to look at plants and identify issues and most importantly see how frogs are doing. I know people have amazing automated systems but for me it’s like starting the coffee maker in the am. It’s a great way to start and finish a day🥃
That makes sense. I like to look into my tank every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts