Dendroboard banner

4321 - 4340 of 4345 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Chirita tamiana not a bloom, but seed pods! Love these guys. I'll make sure to get pics the next time it blooms, I have more buds too!
20210111_185659[1].jpg
20210111_185729[1].jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
First flowers I’ve grown! Biophytum sp. ‘Ecuador’. Took many attempts to get a blossom that actually opened. Anyone else notice this before?

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
These just don't have a very showy inflorescence. Do you have little baby biophytums all around (if you don't, you will!)? This plant uses mechanical means to throw seed vigorously around the tank. I have plants growing way above the height of the flowers that threw the seed. The plant might be blooming more than you think and it is just sneaky :)

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
These just don't have a very showy inflorescence. Do you have little baby biophytums all around (if you don't, you will!)? This plant uses mechanical means to throw seed vigorously around the tank. I have plants growing way above the height of the flowers that threw the seed. The plant might be blooming more than you think and it is just sneaky :)

Mark
Thanks for the insight Mark! I’ll look forward to seeing them popping up in random places.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts

Mark
That's pretty cool about them throwing seeds. I would have guessed they were hitch hikers that stuck to a frog and moved that way.

4321 - 4340 of 4345 Posts