Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this is my tiny tank where I'm keeping my vents.
The size is about 20/20/20 inches. Lighting: two 14 Watt tl's (white daylight-Arcadia). For the decoration I used a layer of clay pearls :roll: (can't remember what it's called in English) covered with peat, on the bottom. The sides are covered with cork. For planting I used Ficus pumila, Ficus montana, Catopsis morreniana, Psygmorchis pusilla, a tiny fern I don't know the name of and several species of tiny ferns and mosses that just start growing spontaneous all over the peat, cork and wooddecoration. The episcia dianthiflora is replaced by another fern like the one on the left. Also placed another Catopsis (bromeliad) on the left and the right of the tank, so now there are two groups of them.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ahhh....whenever i see European vivs, they are always so nice.

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx.
About the moss...I didn't touch it at all, it just started growing all over the place due to spraying and light.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Awesome. I dont know what you mean by tiny tank though, a 20" cube seems like plenty of space for vents.

M.N

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nathalie,

Great tank! Just curious, but how long did it take to grow in thick like that? How much pruning do you do to keep it looking healthy but not overgrown? You did a great job! If this is small, do you have pictures of some of your 'large tanks'? :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got this one for almost 5 years now. I think it was within a year or so, it looked really green. To make sure it looks neat, I just have the Ficus pumila pruned every weekend, about 2 inches. I call this tank tiny, 'cos I noticed most people on the Dutch discussion board owe tanks that are 10 times the size as my own. I only keep 2 species: D. ventrimaculatus & D. tinctorius nominat. Next to that I have Phelsuma v-***** comoraegrandensis and Lygodactylus kimhowelli. I keep all of them in tanks of similar size.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You must show us pictures!!! :D

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are the only pictures I have of the frogs (at the moment), the other ones are geckopics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, this is my Phelsuma v-***** comoraegrandensistank with some pics of its inhabitants (first 2 is the male, next 2 the female).

My tank where I keep my Lygodactylus kimhowellibabies and a pic of one that was born in October 2004.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nathaly,

That is the nicest little set up I have ever seen. I showed the pic to my girlfriend and she said that vivarium is huge. LOL :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanx for the compliments :D
I noticed some pictures dissappeared, not only on this website, and also on py pc. I'll try to take some new pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts