Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I was watching my fants throughout the day today and the fact is they are really active frogs but always hide when they see someone get near. This is a real shame becuase they are one of the most attractive thumbs IMO. So more to the point, has anyone ever thought about getting some one way stick-on tinded film to attach to the front of thier vivs, basically making it so you can see them but they cant see you. Might also help with breeding these skittish frogs. Just a thought, right now im in the process of looking for such a product...

Dustin

·
Registered
210 Posts
thats a pretty cool idea. i would go with mirav tints, they would see there reflection but you can see them without them seeing you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have thought about using one-way glass before, but have never tried it.
I think it would work, but most of my frogs have come to learn that movement mean food is coming. Plus having my little 130lb dog walking in front of the tanks all the time has got them a little more bold towards me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found some "privacy film" at Lowes today that might serve this purpose. Only problem is that it would give the inside of the tank a shaded look, like looking at the tank through sunglasses. That would suck because it would take away from the color of the frogs and thier surroundings. Oh well, i'll keep looking...

*topgun: What are mirav tints? do they have a shading effect?

*Ryan: I too keep chameleons and for them, yes it would cause stress. Fants are social and probably wouldnt care too much about seeing thier reflections.

·
Registered
210 Posts
xjokerx mira tints is a special kind of tint that when you look at it its just like a mira you see a perfect reflection but when you see it throw the other side its like looking throw thin sun glasses.. there used alot in lowrider cars down here in Miami,Fl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts