Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the topic was confusing enough.

I was looking over the tinc morph guide http://www.tropical-experience.nl/tinctorius/mguide.html and was wondering if either the Nominat or the Nouragues morph has been worked with here in the United States. Could these particular morphs be called something else? Its probably just my luck that the two morphs I am quite fond of are not in the trade.
I've noticed that several of you are located in Arizona. I was wondering if you have had any luck finding termites since they can't be purchased commercially. Sort of an idiots guide to finding termites when you live 10ft from hell.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
There is someone selling them on faunaclassifieds.com for 10 bucks per thousand. Best deal i have seen them for sale for.

G

·
Devin,

I had that same problem in the past. What browser are you using? I've found that the problem existed with older versions of IE, so you may want to update if using IE. Also, check out the Firefox browser. It can be found here Hope this helps.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out, you need a special permit to purchase termites in Arizona or from out of state. The hunt continues.

G

·
I believe you need a permit to ship them anywhere in the US as USDA has them regulated since they are pests. I collect them by the 'millions' and was considering offering them for sale to fellow hobbyists but still haven;t gotten around to getting the proper paperwork. I know of another source for a good ammount of termites and have PM'd you the info. Hope this helps.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hey, PM it to me too. I'd like some termites, and it doesn't sound like Peace of the Tropics is going to have them at NWFF this year. :(

G

·
Yeah...I was supposed to be Ken's supplier but due to my not gaining the necessary USDA paperwork, I am unwilling to take any risks with shipping them. I will PM you the details of another potential source however.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bill - Yep, IE 6.0, probably should update it because I'm sure there is something lacking from mine that prevents me from viewing certain websites. I'm also not able to view any links on the frognet classifieds so I can't ever enter or check up on them. I'll take a look at the fire fox browser, looks like it has potential. Thanks for the tip,

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm almost finished with a restyle of my site. Sorry for the problems but it's fixed in the new version of the site. I will let it know here on dendroboard.com when it's online.

The 'nouragues' isn't in the hobby because it's a research station for scientists. It's prohibited to take frogs with them. The morph is almost the same as the 'nominat' morph. That morh is like the 'oyapock' morph one of the dwarfmorphs.

Marcus

·
Registered
77 Posts
hmm only the D. mysteriosus is 'illegal' maybe. But it's still very difficult to say what happened with the papers. At the time I was at that breeder place it was unclear if they were legal or not. On the new site these photo's are gone. Except for that they are legal or not ..it's not illegal to take photo's :lol:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
[quote="it's not illegal to take photo's :lol:[/quote]

lol
Yeah, lol. Well GREAT site, one of the best on the net!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts