Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got 3 juvenile patricias, and was wondering if typically females would grow a little faster than males? I know its prolly not 100% either way, but is there a norm?
2 of my patricias are about 1 month younger than the third, and both of them have already outgrown and passed the older froglet...just wondering if this could suggest a sex difference, or if it probably correlates with the fact that the smaller one is from a different breeder?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Females typically end up bigger than males, but the growth rate from frog to frog can be different based on many variables so I really doubt that one growing faster is a sign of a female. Once they are all older and getting to full size, then the bigger ones may be more likely to be females, but while froglets/juvies I don't think there is any correlation between growth rate and gender.
Bryan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I kinda thought... I think the froglet that is getting left behind has something to do with lack of nutrients from tadpole stage to the time I bought it from the breeder....it just doesnt grow as well under the same food/environmental conditions.
thanks for response

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it possible that the smaller frog is not eating as well? I don't believe you stated wether or not they were housed together or individuAlly. From What I've read tincs can be aggressive and some frogs can suffer food deprivation at the hands of the more dominant ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm doing a project on tinctorius growth rates. I have all the data in excel but im not sure how to arrange it and what equations I would use. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts