Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the time on every frogforum I have ever visited that Tinctorius stay on the botom of our tanks and they defenitly don't climb.. (This is 90% of the topics a justification for combing them with other frogs like Ranitomeya or other sp...) So I have been saying for years that this is not true, Tinctorius will use every inch of the tank possible IF that tank is build correct for Tinctorius..

I finaly found some great footage to prove Tinctorius does climb! And even I was a little amazed by these photos 馃槃 Enjoy them.

Registered
That鈥檚 awesome!

Mine used to always lay their eggs in a large broad-leafed bromeliad at the very top of my 3 ft tall viv.

Registered
edit your thread title to be:

"tinctorius do climb"

more searchable

Premium Member
My tincs use every inch of the 36x18x36 I find them at just about every inch.. in fact all of my frogs use every inch.. except my thumbs tend to stay in the upper parts and rarely in leaf litter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
My tincs use every inch of the 36x18x36 I find them at just about every inch.. in fact all of my frogs use every inch.. except my thumbs tend to stay in the upper parts and rarely in leaf litter.
My tumbs also use every inch, some prefer to hang around the bromeliads more than they stay on the floor.

Premium Member
I just wanted to point out that Dendrobates literally translates to: Tree walker. And not: downed tree crawler.
Next myth: only male tincts climb.
Nope, both sexes can climb.
Great photos by the way!

Reactions: Tijl

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I just wanted to point out that Dendrobates literally translates to: Tree walker. And not: downed tree crawler.
Next myth: only male tincts climb.
Nope, both sexes can climb.
Great photos by the way!
Great information Ravage, keep it comming. :)

like the myth : only males transport tadpoles.
Nope, males MOSTLY transport.

I'm convinced both genders climb.

In the study, they note that males 'probably' have bigger toepads since they will do more climbing for transporting tadpoles.
Sound logic to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts