Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I used to have some that were similar to yours. Currently I have two that are more royal blue, yellow, and black. I think it just varies from frog to frog if you are talking about just Cobalts. I even remember seeing some come in that people were calling "High Yellow Cobalts". I guess this is because they have more yellow on them. I know there was some debate around this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have some that were similar to yours. Currently I have two that are more royal blue, yellow, and black. I think it just varies from frog to frog if you are talking about just Cobalts. I even remember seeing some come in that people were calling "High Yellow Cobalts". I guess this is because they have more yellow on them. I know there was some debate around this.
Thanks, I thought there were not many variations in color....I love all the green mine have, but I saw some pictures on the board that had a lot of yellow on them, almost like a brazilian yellowhead.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I believe a BYH is a variation of a Cobalt. I could be wrong though. But between my Cobalts and BYH, the BYH's have a much brighter yellow crown and deeper blue on throughout their bodies. BYH are my favorite next to Azureus and Green Sips.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Wild caught Cobalts and those cb frogs highly-supplimented for color will look very much like this. Since "Cobalt" is not a locality, the frogs can come from a wide geographical area and this explains a lot of the variation that people see in the "morph".

Good luck, Richard.

Reactions: Dartfrogfreak

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks, I was thinking that probably the origin of the frog might be the difference of the color.
Exactly what I was thinking! Maybe the Polymorphism could be similar to O. Pumillo, where different localities have completely different looks. But maybe D. Tinctorious "cobalt" could demonstrate polymorphism on a smaller scale.

Field Herp Forum • View topic - Panamanian Poison Frog Research '09 - Pic Intensive

this link is what I was thinking of when I saw this post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts