Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Unless it has white 'cuffs' around its wrists (hard to tell in picture), I would say also say surinam cobalt. If it does have the 'cuffs' then I think table mountain (not sure on this so someone correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that guy was wrong. I thought cobalt as well, there are no white cuffs.
Thanks for your input
Adam

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I wouldn't rule out Surinams on the basis of cuffs or bracelets. Kevin, are you sure you don't have it backwards? I've got definite Surinams with cuffs and if you check out Patrick Nabors Surinams they have beautiful cuffs.

Hard to tell from one picture, but I would have to lean toward Surinam Cobalt.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I wasn't sure about the white cuff thing, but I know of several surinam cobalts without it. Maybe its just not a morph indicator. Just thought I heard it from somewhere. Thats why I said I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To answer Khoff, the guy insisted it was a form of alanis. I have raised them from froglets and was pretty certain they were cobalts, now I am positive. Thank you all for your input
ADAM

G

·
I got my cobalts from Patrick and one of them, I actually call "Bracelets" because of the perfect bracelets on it's wrists/front legs.

I have really been looking at them lately and I think that I have two pair :D Maybe that is wishful thinking but two of them have toe pads that are really small and narrow and two have big toe pads. When I get a break from making tanks I am going to take photos of all their front feet and post them to see what everyone else thinks.

Rhonda

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like a Surinam Cobalt to me...maybe a Kaysermountain but those two are maybe the same only in Europe (Germany) a lot of people people say Kaysermountain and in the States they say Cobalt. I personally think Cobalt is good name because these animals live in different area's in Surinam.

Marcus
http://www.tropical-experience.nl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts