Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO. I have some Tinc tads that have popped out their front arms, and I was wondering when i should take the froglet and and move it to a tank or cup of sphagnum moss?

Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've heard that it's when they start climbing up the container...but i have them in low containers (approx. 1.5 inches in height) and i was wondering how long their tail should be before i move them.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
After a morphlet pops its front legs, it is less able to swim, so should be moved to a morphing container in which the water is not more than about 3/4". Morphlets can drown in too much water.

Good luck with them, Richard.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did what 'jmailhot' did with my 3 tads. I made sure there was a nice 'landing pad' of moss to help the froglet-to-be climb out. After a day or two out of water I put them in a larger, lightly planted container with a half coconut hut (round plastic container with lid). This gave the froglet some privacy and hiding places but I could still always keep my eye on him. I kept my froglets in this container for about a month or so before putting them in an 18x18x24 tank. :)

ps - you can see my 2 azureus that i raised from tads this way in the pic :)

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
as soon as i see the front legs in tinc tadpoles i transfer it to a tilted morphing bin. i use small shoebox type of sterlit containers.the water, the tadpole and cover such as a leaf or two will be in the water on the low end and high end will have some wet long fiber sphagnum moss. kept at the angle the metamorposis is usually within a few days to a week before he'll crawl out and be standing on the dry land on the upper part of the bin. once you see that, you can transfer the new froglet to a froglet home. good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great. Thanks. I've actually had a lot of success! I've used just a deli cup with moss on one side of the bottom, and maybe 1/2 of water in the bottom, and that works really well. I just morphed out my first Inferalanis froglet today :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
jealous of the cobalt's, hopefully i will be getting my juvenile cobalt's tomorrow. sweet pics and good luck with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts