Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for fathers day I got an awesome GoPro camera from my loving wife. it's intended use is capturing footage during track sessions in my vehicle. but for a test and to try out the "time lapse" feature, i thought these shrooms in my tank would be an awesome test subject.

it's a short clip (10 seconds after tweaking to a nice pace) figured someone here would get a kick out of this.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neat! The plant moved too I didn't expect that.
yeah that had me jump the first time.. I think one of the toads in there sprang the leaf free, if you slow it down (WAY down) i think there's one frame where you can see them crawling along the back left corner (they're crawling bumble bee toads VERY entertaining to watch them crawl everywhere)

Edit: it's like the very first second right before the plant moves you see a flash of black and yellow

·
Registered
272 Posts
Neat. Those shrooms sure do pop up and die fast. Can you use that camera to create a day long time lapse showing the movements of the frogs throughout the day? I always wonder just how active my frogs are when I'm gone. It would help to know just what parts of the viv. they actually use as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome! I want a gopro cam. there so awesome!
Indeed they are, got it for fathers day, and i got the Auto version as its primarly for when I take my car to the track or taking some canyon run videos, but this was a good guinee pig.

Cool video! I dont see any frogs tho...maybe on the right..might be something there
yeah it's no kidding just a split second blurb, I think he's in ONE frame out of the 200+ that made up the video.

Neat. Those shrooms sure do pop up and die fast. Can you use that camera to create a day long time lapse showing the movements of the frogs throughout the day? I always wonder just how active my frogs are when I'm gone. It would help to know just what parts of the viv. they actually use as well.
You can. my limiting factor right now is Battery life, and being that I had it in tank I used the waterproof enclosure due to the humidity. I might try and mount it externally and keep the camera plugged into for unlimited battery. The expsure there was only 2.5 hrs or so (until the battery went dead) and it was 200+ shots and only took up 360 megs on my card so on a 2g card you could probably record a days worth.

Ok so I just borrowed my friend's GoPro ..... what setting did you use for your vid?
I used the "shoot photos every "x" seconds time lapse mode, and set it to snap a picture every 60 seconds, for frogs I'd probably drop that to 10 or 30 due to how much they move versus a shroom, you'd get alot more photos though. then I take all the photos off the camera throw them into windows movie maker and make a reel out of it and change the FPS to a suitable level. I think that last video is 15 FPS or a .15second exposure per frame. lmk if you need some more help honestly this was my first time ever doing anything like this and it wasn't to bad.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I used the "shoot photos every "x" seconds time lapse mode, and set it to snap a picture every 60 seconds, for frogs I'd probably drop that to 10 or 30 due to how much they move versus a shroom, you'd get alot more photos though. then I take all the photos off the camera throw them into windows movie maker and make a reel out of it and change the FPS to a suitable level. I think that last video is 15 FPS or a .15second exposure per frame. lmk if you need some more help honestly this was my first time ever doing anything like this and it wasn't to bad.
Thanks... I'll be sure to put up a vid when I get things right.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thats awesome! I have a gopro, it was bought for going to the track also. i used it fir the first time on the racecar last weekend! I didnt know that it could do all this! I guess I'll have to read the instructions!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts