Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if polyurethane glue(gorilla glue, elmer's probond, etc.) would be OK for attaching air plants to cork. I've tried silicone and had what I would call poor results. I was thinking, since the polyurethane works with moisture, it would hold better. but would it be safe? Also, I've heard of a product called tilly tacker which is sold for this purpose, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere, any hot tips out there?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I know that the gorilla glue doesn't cure as fast and you would have to secure it somehow.

Other than that, i don't see why it would not work.

G

·
0 Posts
I would just use fishing line and toothpicks to secure them. eventually they will put out their own roots and hold onto it.

G

·
0 Posts
I've had pretty good sucess with hot glue. Its quick and easy. Just make sure to put the glue on the background or branch and not directly on the plant. Let it cool for a few seconds and then attach the plant to it. Works great.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I use 100% silicone to apply the tillandsia(SP) to the backgrounds of my tanks. It works well; I just place a glob of it on the background and press the plant into it and hold it there for a min or so then let set for 24 hours.
Hope this helps
ADAM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yesterday I tried some liquid nail, or flase nail glue. Got the idea from the reptile magazine march issue.

Its perfect. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts