Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard from Understory Enterprises that Ranitomeya spp. can be mixed with Dendrobates spp. and Phyllobates spp. and not breed with them. Is this true? Please note that I am not planning on mixing any Ranitomeyas with my bigger darts, in fact i don't plan on buying any for a while yet. I am just curious.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have heard from Understory Enterprises that Ranitomeya spp. can be mixed with Dendrobates spp. and Phyllobates spp. and not breed with them. Is this true? Please note that I am not planning on mixing any Ranitomeyas with my bigger darts, in fact i don't plan on buying any for a while yet. I am just curious.
This has definitely come up a few times. No, I don't think they will breed (correct me if i'm wrong) but I think the stress and pathogens is a big problem still.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an interesting idea. I'd vote against mixing too. However i am new to the hobby and don't want to say anything conclusive. Anyone else have any other opinions.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I picked up a viv from a local frogger that had two Yellow Backs and an Orange lamasi all living together. Ive never seen the two species have any direct interaction even when at the feeding dish. The lamasi tends to stay in the upper corners of the viv but that could just be doing its lamasi thing (never kept one before). Ive got only one and no where else to put the little guy so for now he's staying.

-C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts