Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
thumbnails groups

Hey Ben! I keep my thumbs in both, pairs and groups. I have a pair of Fants in one tank, breeding and doing well. I have another tank with 5 (not sure of the ratio) and they are also breeding and doing really good. We have had the 5 set up in an 18 gal tall for about 4 months, and so far so good. I keep all my vents in groups, as well as my retics, and imitators. I got some intermedius from Patrick about 5-6 weeks ago, and put the 5 of them in an 18 gal also, and they are doing really well.

I think an important part of keeping them in groups is a lot of food, and lots of leaf litter. I got a box of magnolia leaves from Josh and they are working out great in my tanks. I am even using them in shoeboxes with juvi's instead of plant clippings.

To answer your question about eggs/tads, I pull them when i see them.

· Registered
283 Posts
Jordan-

I currently have 4 retics in the 18 gal. I have not had any breeding from this group yet, and I am pretty sure it is a 2.2. I did have to pull a 5th one out, it was a lot smaller when I got them, and keep that one seperate until it's fully grown.

My retics that i had breeding 6-7 years ago were kept in 3 or 4 in a 10 gallon tank.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.