Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I usually reserve any termites from my traps for my Azureus - they will eat loads of them right out of a petri dish, but I have yet to find a good method for presentation for thumbs.

Try a shortened and vertically oriented film canister with just a few in it. This worked to some degree with my imis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is something I wondered as well as I provided some small termites to my imitator Varadero pair and community tank of benedictas.

Other than some curiosity, I haven't noticed them consuming the termites. :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've offered termites to my imitators, but the lil frogs weren't overly fond of the pincers. The termites usually ended up dying before they could be eaten. My imis would rather have springs and mels.

Now, the BIGGER frogs chowed down on the termites like there was no tomorrow. It's a special treat for them ~

·
Registered
255 Posts
I feed my intermedius small termites. I collect termites for my campana auratus as is, so shaking a couple small termites off a log into their tank is pretty effortless. They do eat one or two, but it doesn't seem to be their favorite. On the other hand, my auratus seem to favor termites (white gold) over anything.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My larger thumbs (variabilis & intermedius) will eat small termites, I havent tried with vents, lamasi, or other small thumbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts