Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Tads are usually in 6-8 oz. containers, the water level rises as they get older.

Froglets are raised in 190oz. containers.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Tads are usually in 6-8 oz. containers, the water level rises as they get older.

Froglets are raised in 190oz. containers.

same here but i think that im going to switch to the shoebox sterilite containers because they are alot less noisey to open.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I don't do plastic. It's not a stable material and some plastics are linked to harmful endocrine disrupting toxins, etc., etc.
I use 16 oz. glass jars, filled with a couple inches of water and recycled from spaghetti sauce or applesauce, for tad rearing. When the tad has popped its legs, I move it to a slanted shotglass of clean water inside a transitional, small viv until it is brave enough to hunt on its own.
At that stage I move it to a regular froglet rearing viv.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I start them off in individual 32oz deli cups (Half-full)

When they get limbs I move them to a slanted KIS container

Almost ready to go into planted 190oz container

Walaa

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I pull tads after a couple weeks of hatching so they get the vital nutrients from the female eggs. Regular clear plastic deli cups with lids. I separate tads no matter what the species... I make tadpole tea, throw in pinches of repashy superpig a couple times a week with tadpole bites. One, maybe two, oak leaves on the bottom. Pinch of duckweed. No water changes. Watch the magic happen :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts