Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got three of these guys in November and they were doing great until one night that our house didn't have the heating system on I do not know how low their temperature got but i think it was really low , this was about two months ago. They survived (unlike a few of my critters) but ever since then two of them have been really skinny and are super shy. I am feeding them a constant diet of fruit flies dusted in Zoo Med's Reptivite. The other one is growing fat and isn't shy at all. I have tried adding pinhead crickets to their diet, but still no change. Tried increasing and decreasing their humidity between 50% and 90% changing their temp between 70F and 85F. But still no change. There color hasnt faded, they are not lethargic but just super skinny. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Make a QT (quarantine tank) tank and put the shy ones in it and feed them bean beetles,and any other feeders you were feeding them,also make sure they eat them,keep in mind the temp should be at 70-75 degrees

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Quarentine them, get fecal tests done, and medicate if necessary. If they are skinny and lethargic, it sounds like parasites or some disease. Try contacting Dr. Frye, he has plenty of experience with treating dart frogs.
The temperature should not go above 80. They are better off in the 72-76 range so don't intentionally keep it at 85- that can kill them.
Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts