Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so today I received four imitators from Rich Frye. They are beautiful and healthy, and they actually began calling about an hour after I put them into their quarantine tanks. My first thought was, "my god, these things are tinier than i had ever imagined....I love it. I was instantly addicted.
My question is, those of you who have bred imitators, did you get better success from having pairs in small tanks? or by having groups in larger tanks? I hear from Yeager that the interactions between individuals is fantastic, and thats exactly the kind of thing I own animals for, to see them interact with each other. However, is this can get unhealthy I want to know so they will not be at any risk.

Also, whats their preferred temp range? I cant seem to find it.... Humidity level? Matter of fact, is there any website that has solid info on imitators? I would love to see it...

OK , thank ya
Ethan

·
Super Moderator
3,561 Posts
Their temp/humidity range should be the same as most other thumbs: low to mid 70s during the day, with a night time drop to the high 60s. Humidity range 80% or greater (Can be less if sufficient water features are provided.) There are lots of more specific care sites in the links section.

Edit: here's something a little more specific:http://www.poison-frogs.nl/e020306.html

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Mine breed like rabbits in a standard 10 gal with horizontal film canisters. In that tank I have a group of 2.1.0. In my other tank, 15 gal high, I have another group 2.1.0 and they also breed but not as often. Now the 15gal is more of a show tank, and the 10gal is over grown with only one of the short ends not covered.

I will say be careful as the males will fight like mad at times. I think mine were stuck together for well over a week at one point. Both are fine, and they seem to work out a order, but I did reduce the level of my water feature just to be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts