Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been enthralled with south american fauna & flora. I have been into freshwater planted tanks for years, now I'm embracing planted south american planted frog habitats. these are a few of fish in my living room 90g aquarium. sometimes when I watch them late at night (& a cocktail or two) I try & imagine their natural habitat, the sounds of the jungle birds & frogs & wind in the trees & even the smell of a humid rain forest. Hope you enjoy them :D

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
FTS? Lol... I recently started a fresh water planted tank.... Its 4 gallons, about 5 weeks in. I love it! I've only really kept betas in bowls before. I currently have 3 Neon Tetras and a Loach, a nice piece of driftwood, Dwarf Hair Grass and an Amazon Sword. I've been thinking about putting together a 10g for these guys and putting 2 Honey Gouramis in the 4g, I was told they stay very small and would be very happy in my nano.

·
Registered
527 Posts
cool fish man! i'm also very into planted tanks and just got into darts. They are super fun! I still love the planted tank side just dont have that much time anymore. I use to have 6 high tech setups running at one point. now im just down to 2. I actually just broke down my 125gal setup. planted tanks if done right look amazing!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Beautiful fish! Makes me miss mine... :( I gave away my Discus and Bristlenoses a year ago when I tore down my 75 gal tank to make room for more frogs... they were very cool fish!

·
Registered
210 Posts
FTS? Lol... I recently started a fresh water planted tank.... Its 4 gallons, about 5 weeks in. I love it! I've only really kept betas in bowls before. I currently have 3 Neon Tetras and a Loach, a nice piece of driftwood, Dwarf Hair Grass and an Amazon Sword. I've been thinking about putting together a 10g for these guys and putting 2 Honey Gouramis in the 4g, I was told they stay very small and would be very happy in my nano.
Your swords will outgrow the 4 gallon tank. A better plant for a tank that small is the micro sword. I have had lots of planted tanks and this is just my experience.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool fish man! i'm also very into planted tanks and just got into darts. They are super fun! I still love the planted tank side just dont have that much time anymore. I use to have 6 high tech setups running at one point. now im just down to 2. I actually just broke down my 125gal setup. planted tanks if done right look amazing!
I hear what you are saying, I spend a lot of time on water changes, prunning etc,, I have been contaminating breaking down some of my high tech tanks(but not the one in the living room) to make room for more frog related things....vivs & tadpole cups & food cultures etc... their care is much less intensive;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with froggymike a amazon sword will out grow a 4g in short order, I've had them get over 2ft(although thats with Co2 & 4+wpg of light) the honey gouramis might get a bit claustrophobic in a 4g, sparkling gouramis are even smaller, but in that size tank I might just go with a few Amandae tetras & some cherry shrimp

·
Registered
401 Posts
Your swords will outgrow the 4 gallon tank. A better plant for a tank that small is the micro sword. I have had lots of planted tanks and this is just my experience.
I know it will out grow the tank, it was given to me for free. When it grows too big I figured I'd swap it out with something smaller.

I agree with froggymike a amazon sword will out grow a 4g in short order, I've had them get over 2ft(although thats with Co2 & 4+wpg of light) the honey gouramis might get a bit claustrophobic in a 4g, sparkling gouramis are even smaller, but in that size tank I might just go with a few Amandae tetras & some cherry shrimp
I've never heard of sparkling gouramis! I'll have to look them up! I had shrimp in this tank at first... decided I hated them, they kinda creeped me out and I didnt enjoy watching them.

Thanks for the info! :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had shrimp in this tank at first... decided I hated them, they kinda creep me out

LOL ! well thats being honest :D I think you would like the sparkling Gouramis they are very small (almost look betta like but smaller fins) and the ones I had even made a audible sound that could be heard outside of the tank ! almost like a frog call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts