Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the last was a "rio branco" the other red ones were listed by SNDF as "cristobal"

Sadly they are all lost, sorta bizarrely they were fine for 6 mo, all paired up, then the entire rack of pums [16 total] crashed....remind me not to buy WC pums anymore when the urge arises again. :rolleyes:

I am hoping others have those imports still going someplace but you certainly dont see them advertised despite the massive # imported/sold.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I don't see them much at all, but remember when they were "common/established" (i.e. regularly being imported). Unfortunately, I have a feeling a lot of the imported lines/populations from then are facing a similar fate.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
#6 is pretty crazy. what was that being sold as? cristobal as well? is #2 a uyama river? Ive wanted them for quite a while.

I havent seen Rio Brancos or Rio Guarmos in a while. Dont think I ever saw more than a handful that were CB, and im sure nobody ever got F2s. Its really unfortunate, Id love to work with both of them.

just because a lot are imported doesnt mean anything for how available they are. people need to remember that when thigs are being brought in. how long will it last, and how many do we need in capable hands?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've got a Rio Guarumo trio that used to readily produce eggs but no froglets. They're slotted for a bigger tank to see if that does the trick.

I've got a lone female of Rio Branco but the lineage is unclear. When I got them they were sold as European imports with some obscure code. If any one has an extra male let me know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a pair that the female was the same exact one u have in pic 6 and they laid plenty of clutches none of them anygood,really wanted them to produce becuase like u said u dont see them at all that pair was the only pair i had ever seen also called mainland cristo.hope we can see some new imports in the near future.

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
That second pic was the "uyama" you sent me, they started breeding as soon as I put her together with my male, only bad eggs for a (long) while, then I switched to Repashy, soon after saw a tad wriggling in a clutch, then the male died soon after, Robb M was going to hook me up with a male but then she also died before he shipped (they lasted quite a while).

·
Registered
505 Posts
still have two female guaramos and a female branco, and a group of peach and blue mainland frogs.

Also a mainland group of orange and green ones.

If anyone has anything available to pair or add to any of these please pm me.

Also looking for female salt creek, male loma.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts