Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is densely planted and has a pond along the front and I can see them anytime I look into the tank. They are not skittish and they will stay out in the open even when I open the tank lid. Similar to most auratus... not bold like a tinc, but I wouldn't call them shy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is a pic of a male Green&White auratus F1 from sndf
He is still young, so the cream color should continue to lighten over time.

Here are some F2 froglets.

Locality data is unknown. They are definitely Panamanian and were probably picked out of a large import based on phenotype. They certainly seem similar to, but not the same as, the camo auratus that have been in the hobby for a while. The camo auratus stay more brown than cream. My educated guess is that these come from an area near capira and are part of a variable population. my F2 froglets show some variablity.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Today was a snow day, so i got to stay home, play with my kids, and spend some extra time in the frogroom.

here is another shot of a super blue auratus i posted earlier

from the top

and a different super blue

here are my two female Panama 04 Turquoise/bronze auratus wrestling. They get feisty every time one of them is ready to lay eggs, but otherwise they get along and are both healthy.

I recently bought two different groups of New River Tinc froglets so that in the future I can have an unrelated pair or two.

And here is a young female green and white auratus. Her colors are not as spectacular as the males, but she is still young and I'm sure there is a lot of variability in this morph.

Blue Truncatus hunting flies

I guess I have a thing for blue frogs...

·
Registered
160 Posts
really nice auratus man!! I had them for a lot of years and two years ago I changed a bit more to tincs, but i am kind of missing them, they where really active and strong frogs..watching your green and white makes me want to come back to the auratus side:D

greetings!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts