Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, scaled down just a bit...

It's an office tank so not too large.

Dimensions are as follows: 28 inches high, 33 inches across the front, the two sides are 12" each and the depth of the tank (front -> back) is 32 inches.

The plan is for it to hold my pair of CR O. pumilio, a group of CR P. lugubris and perhaps a small group of Centrolenids.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Like in the picture, are the roots going to curl around the front of the vivarium? Awesome photo and definitely a good picture to show to influence your tank build.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im really diggin the pentagon shape! are you doing all those frogs together or 1 of the 3?
Yeah, it's a neat enclosure.

It will definitely house a pair of pumilio and a small group of lugubris. Not quite sure on the glass frogs at this point. Really will depend if I decide to have a small stream with a decent overhang.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like in the picture, are the roots going to curl around the front of the vivarium? Awesome photo and definitely a good picture to show to influence your tank build.
that is the plan. a smaller version of the buttress with possibly a small steam/water hole at the bottom.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Gosh, that sounds like such a terrible idea and it looks like that tank is defective. You should crate it up and send it my way as soon as possible so you can avoid any embarrassment.

If that doesn't sound like a good idea then I'll just have to wait til it's done! :D

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, all organic. I no longer use non-organics in my enclosures.

It should, Scott. Been sitting here for about 1 1/2 years... finally know what I want to go into it and finally started getting supplies ready.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good luck with it, but seems rather small for all those frogs. I know they are found around each other in the wild, but I've heard and read too many bad tales of mixing pumilio with other frogs. They can be very territorial, and will wrestle and clasp onto other frogs (even tinc sized ones). So I'd keep a very close eye on the lugubris.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That is a sweet looking tank.....Can't wait to see what you come up with.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts