Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest project:)
The tank is 16x12x24", made from what was left of my greenhouse after a recent storm:eek:

I'm hoping to keep a pair of O. pumilio Bastimentos in the future, though I'm a little worried that the tank might me too small?
I see a lot of people keeping pumilio in large enclosures.

I already have the plants and stuff so now I just have to wait for the lights to arrive.
Soon...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think a pair of bastis would be happy in there! Lots of broms!!
Nice:)
Right now I don't have any bromeliads for it. When it gets warmer I will order some. I'm thinking maybe Tillandisa leiboldiana and/or Catopsis nitida.

What did you use for all of the vining? I want to do a tank like that soon.
It's rope covered in black silicone and peat.
Very easy to do but very messy:p

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lights have arrived:)

I have some minor work to do on the stand and circulation system, but I'm hoping to have the tank planted by the end of the week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice:)

Right now I don't have any bromeliads for it. When it gets warmer I will order some. I'm thinking maybe Tillandisa leiboldiana and/or Catopsis nitida.

It's rope covered in black silicone and peat.

Very easy to do but very messy:p

By peat...what kind of peat are u using. Is it a certain brand? Is peak the same as coco husk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By peat...what kind of peat are u using. Is it a certain brand? Is peak the same as coco husk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No particular brand, just make sure it's natural peat without any added fertilizers. It's not the same as coco husk but both works well for this application, I prefer the peat though as I get cool moss from it.

bumped for an update?
I'm sorry to say, but I scrapped the tank:(
I never got the circulation system to work as I wanted it to (It worked great until I glued the screens on:rolleyes: ) and also with 3mm glass it seemed a bit too fragile.

However, I still had the Panama native plants so I put them in a 18x18x24" exo instead so there still is a Panama tank, just a different one.
I've been meaning to post some pics of it but I figured I'd wait till my new aluminum rack is done and make a thread for the whole rack.
It shouldn't be long, I just have to go to the hardware store and get some panel for the sides and a small can of paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts