Dendroboard banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually the slugs I see in my 30g vivarium are about 1 cm at most... but not this one. It's freakin' huge!!! :eek: Needless to say i removed it and poured salt all over it Mwahahaha

Must be some kind of mutant slug or something! It's siblings aren't even a quarter of it's size. It must be a different species or something, but it looks the exact same besides the size difference so I'm not sure. Has anyone seen one this large?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I love the DARE ruler. In high school, my DARE officer was arrested for drug possession. Good stuff!!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Not to hijak, but DARE graduates are 2x as likely to use drugs as non DARE students.

Nasty slug, kill it with FIRE!!!!! Put some ettuce out for bait and see how many more you catch

·
Registered
791 Posts
Not to hijak, but DARE graduates are 2x as likely to use drugs as non DARE students.

Nasty slug, kill it with FIRE!!!!! Put some ettuce out for bait and see how many more you catch
Well, they probably got involved because they were/are wrapped up in drugs in the first place!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha thanks for the comments guys :) I'll have to try that lettuce trick to kill more of this guy's minions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dont kill it, put it outside :(
BAD idea. That's irresponsible, at best. It's also criminal (in most areas), and quite possibly damaging to the environment. The potential for establishing yet another invasive species is huge, as is the potential for spreading pathogens and parasites. Let's not try to give the hobby another black eye.

-Cole

·
Registered
791 Posts
BAD idea. That's irresponsible, at best. It's also criminal (in most areas), and quite possibly damaging to the environment. The potential for establishing yet another invasive species is huge, as is the potential for spreading pathogens and parasites. Let's not try to give the hobby another black eye.

-Cole
I don't want blood on my hands. Besides that, the plants came from American nurseries...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes... American nurseries with plants from all over the world... Not only that, but the things INSIDE a nursery are much different from the things OUTSIDE. Releasing terrerium fauna into the wild is something any conservation-minded hobbyist should find deplorable. Just as an FYI, there are many invasive species of gastropods now established across North America. If one of us were responsible for the introduction of a new species (or even a new population of an already established species), that would be real "blood on the hands."

-Cole

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh, my salamander would love a bite of that! How do slugs get in the vivarium anyway? How are they foreign species?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Oh, my salamander would love a bite of that! How do slugs get in the vivarium anyway? How are they foreign species?
Most likely when the plants are imported the slugs and their eggs get to the nurseries, and can cause enormous environmental damage if released and allowed to breed....

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Unfortunately, the slug must die due to the risk of spreading chytrid and parasites in your local area from its release outdoors. If there were dormant chytrid in the tank, this could rapidly wipe out everything in the area.
Don't torture it, put some Orajel on it if you wish, but don't put it outdoors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.