Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little upset today. I had a pair of week-old developing eggs in my Vent tank, along with a recently laid clutch of 6 in another axil, and both of the older eggs and 4 of the newer ones went bad suddenly. I haven't really had this big of a mold problem yet, and I'm wondering what could have brought it on. The only thing that's different is that I've been keeping a small piece of over-ripe banana on the floor of the tank to keep the flies localized. Could this have caused it? Where can I get some Methylene blue to help the eggs that I pull?

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
You can also use wild/indian almound leaves or oak leaves to create a tadpole tea water that will help keep down fungus and bacteria, works just as well as Meth Blue for me, and cheaper (one almond leaf makes 15-20 gallons or a really nice concentrate). Some tads also love chomping on the leaf skeletons that are left after you make the tea.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Start with Jon's suggestion, then if you still want to find Methylene Blue (which I use and love) I have some Washington State info which you could order from. I personaly found it difficult to find becuase many of the fish specialty stores no longer stocks it:

Renton
(206)226-3215

Loehmann's Plaza
(206)641-9240

Kent
(206)852-9240

Issaquah
(206)392-5360

The one I have comes in a 1/2 oz size and is diluted to 2 drops per gallon. This $5 bottle will last me several years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts