Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be cool to post some shots of the frogs begging. something my tincs seem to be great at LOL

Wishbone begs everyday it seems

And it seems she has taught her neighbor the cute habit as well LOL

Ill try to grab some photos of the other tincs begging later this week.

Enjoy, comment, add your own begging pix as well!

Todd

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Ok I blew it. I forgot about our photo session this morning and prematurely dumped in some left over melos that were still in the cup from yesterday. They were mostly dead, though.

Anyway, my Sip isn't that dramatic. It's more of a guilt trip than a beg. Our routine is that I mist the tank in the morning and he hops over to his feeding leaf and sits there waiting for it to rain bugs. Some mornings, I mist and then forget about him, while I feed the other frogs. When I get back to him, he is still sitting there, waiting.

Here are some pics. He goes to check out the melos, eats the few that are alive, and then, waits for his real breakfast.

morning mist

heads over to the breakfast table

eats a few melos

sits on his leaf, waiting for his real food

it's raining beetles!

·
Registered
222 Posts
gorgeous sips! what kind of beetles are those? do you culture or just buy them? I've only been in the hobby a little over a year now and am trying to expand my frogs' diets... I have melanogasters, hydei, and springtails. thinking about culturing some kind of isopds and buying pinheads when possible. but i didn't know there were beetles small enough for darts! (I have tincs + auratus [and o.lamasi but i know they'll be too big for them])

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
gorgeous sips! what kind of beetles are those? do you culture or just buy them? I've only been in the hobby a little over a year now and am trying to expand my frogs' diets... I have melanogasters, hydei, and springtails. thinking about culturing some kind of isopds and buying pinheads when possible. but i didn't know there were beetles small enough for darts! (I have tincs + auratus [and o.lamasi but i know they'll be too big for them])
They are bean beetles. Illegal to ship across state lines (not sure if that's all states), because they are an agricultural pest. Try to get a starter culture from a local frogger. They are on a 30 day cycle. Ed has figured out his rotation in order to keep them booming all the time. I'm not as smart, so we have feast and famine around my house :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
They are bean beetles. Illegal to ship across state lines (not sure if that's all states), because they are an agricultural pest. Try to get a starter culture from a local frogger. They are on a 30 day cycle. Ed has figured out his rotation in order to keep them booming all the time. I'm not as smart, so we have feast and famine around my house :p
I have some now thanks to a Local frogger too ;) Thanks Kris. They're really booming at the moment, time to split it up some I think. I haven't fed any out yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts