Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an empty 35 Gallon tank that I was luckily enough to get for free today.

I was trying to think what to put in the tank and my girlfriend's sick leopard gecko came to mind. She fell ill during the power outage caused by hurricane Irene. A month later we were hit with an unexpected power outage again and the heat was off for 8 days. We have been force feeding her crickets and she is getting healthier by the day.

I want to make a home for her in the larger tank and ideally would like it to be a Thar Desert Biotope tank.

I am planning on making rocks out of hard foam and grout. I've been reading a lot about this and am still unclear if the PH is a problem for plants and reptiles and amphibians. If anyone has personal experience please let me know what you think.

For a substrate we were thinking of using the caci sand. Does anyone have experience with this stuff in vivariums? Will plants do ok in it?

I am currently researching suitable plants for the Thar Desert theme. Anyone know of any that would be suited for my 35 gallon tank? (36"x18"x13")

I'll take some pictures of the gecko, Akila, later tonight. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would post on a leopard gecko forum. Not a poison dart frog forum. There will be a lot more interest if you do that.

Reactions: Mitch
1 - 2 of 2 Posts