Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am done and ready for my first frogs.
Here is a run down of my tank: Zoo Med 18x18x24, DIY false bottom, cork and GS background with mopani and grape wood, T5 lighting 36 watts, Zoo Med fogger, Mist King mister, DIY top, Plants and substrate from Josh's Frog and Vivarium Concepts. Thanks to Josh's and Vivarium for their outstanding service and supplies. But most of all thanks to all the members here that helped me in threads and the hundreds of threads I browsed. Also the tank stays around 74F with 89% humidity. A short video from my iphone (not the best)

YouTube - ‪Dart frog‬‏

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was looking at luecs, but now it is between them and Vents. From what I have been reading they are a good beginner thumbnail.

Also all the accessories that were on the floor are now in the cabinet under the tank, looks nice and clean.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Is that your first viv? Pretty killer, but I'd get those broms off the ground unless you have them mounted to wood.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Leucs and vents are good choices. Both good frogs. Obviously the leucs are going to get bigger than the vents so that's something to consider...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wow, fantastic job for a first tank.

Also, I couldn't agree more about all those that help us new folk. People have been killing themselves to answer all of my questions.

Can't wait to see pics of the new home owners !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice viv I really like it. I have one quick question. The cork you used for the background was it the flat cork background then you added GS? Or is the back ground made of GS with pieces cork rounds attached.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Nice tank!

I agree about the broms though. I'd hate to see you lose them. Looks like you got some nice ones in there.

IMO, Pull them up, cut off the roots, pin them somewhere in the background. You can use wire, glue, and the easiest (to me) which is making a cradle with large toothpicks (I use those shishkabob things from the grocery store. Get 100 or so for a buck. Then break to size).

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Those little leucs are gonna love their new home! Good luck with all your new stuff and don't forget to post pics of those zoomeds when you get them set up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The cork was not quite striaght they were 2 larges pieces I put the great stuff in and then wedged the cork in to creat more of a 3d effect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts