Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our tiny hero is now nearly a centimeter wide, and getting harder and harder to miss in his tiny, corner pond. He may have company soon, too. One of the eggs from the last clutch has hatched, and wiggles when I shine a light on it. I'm henceforth pulling all future eggs immediately.

In the last week or so, my green and whites got a checkup with my exotics veterinarian, and I sent samples for my three QT groups to RAL. They are set to arrive this morning, so I should be hearing my results soon. Some people insist that as long as you're getting frogs from people you trust, there's no need to test. Really, though, that logic is no different from that which allows STDs to spread among humans. Even trustworthy people can be ill (or have ill frogs) without knowing it, because they trusted someone who trusted someone who trusted someone, etcetera, and remain asymptomatic as they continue to transmit disease. We are fortunate enough to have relatively affordable access to the testing that gives us all the opportunity to halt the spread of disease. It strikes me as a wonder of the modern world that the average hobbyist even has the option available. It feels equally like a privilege and a responsibility, to me.

As for other updates, my puppy is adorable, even if she tore into my mulch bags outside. Shame on me for leaving them where she had access. I guess I'll chalk it up to $5 worth of digging enrichment. She had a wonderful time. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked my email and found that Research Associates Laboratory has already sent me my results. All three groups tested negative for chytrid, and negative for ranavirus. WOOHOOOOO! I'll still be testing two more times per each group, but I am very happy to be able to make this announcement.

If you are looking for their submission form, it can be found online here:

http://www.vetdna.com/application/forms/reptilesubmissionform.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts