Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmm I'm noticing that my (4)auratus sleep and spend most of the day in relatively the same area of the viv. They are in a 55 gal so space is not a huge issue. I actually replicated a study when I was in college on the "Territoriality and tenacity of the male D. pumilio". So this is deja vu.
I was just wondering if they noticed the same thing. ie. same frog occupying the same area and sleeping in the same spot each day/night. Two of my guys actively feed while the other 2 stay hidden and feed when I'm not looking but as soon as I approach the tank they rush back to "their spot".

Mike

Can you over feed 2 mo. old auratus on termites?

·
Registered
720 Posts
My azureus (age around 9 -10 months, sex unknown) do seem to occupy certain territories in their 50 gallon tank. Two lived on ecah side if the waterfall (located in the middle of the tank), though sometimes they would go to the other side to feed.

Interestingly enough, they are in a 10 gallon while I am moving and redesigning their tank, and they were practically sitting on top of eachother when I got home from school today begging for food. I wish I had taken a picture. They are so fat and concerned more with food than territories lately. They are starting to look like Kyle's forg with the boobs LOL.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I haven't noticed any territorial behvior in my group of auratus. There are 12 in 135 gallon, and they use every inche of the tank. They do tend to sleep in the same spots night after night, and a few even bunker down together.

G

·
d.auratus

My four D. aratus are just froglets, but still seem to occupy the same part of the vivarium each time i look at them. Two of mine are more shy than the others and rush to hide when i come near the tank.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have notice the same thing. All three were always in the same area. Unfortunately the smallest of my four sat in the same area for days. He ate a little but not nearly enough, he passed this morning. He was the 1/4 of the size of the others and I guess he succomb to stress. I chaulk it up to a learning experience. I tried everything to nurse him but I think it just stressed him more. I am just happy my other three are eating and growing.
Mike

G

·
I would think my terribilis are territorial. All five never leave their particular locations, except to chase Hydei. Then they go back to their spots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts