Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be approriate to use a gravel substrate in part of a terribilis viv. I am referring back to a sean stewart article which mentions the habitat being sloped, having gravel and the forest being more open, etc.
I am setting up a viv and would like it to have a biotope feel and would likely use smooth gravel in sonsideration the frogs feet. Maybe smoothed pebbles from micaels or something like that.??
Anyone have any viv's where you did your take on the terribilis habitat? I would love to see them here. Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

This is what I'm putting together. I now have two mint froglets in 190 oz. tubs. I am going to grow them out a bit. They are chowing down on Turkish Gliders.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Outstanding set-up they will love, awesome ground space and they will utilize the background and explore, turks are great and reproduce like crazy but try some black hydei and golden hydei, although not as prolific breeders as the turks they are bigger and so you do not have to feed as much and fun to culture a variety in my opinion, try breeding some orange isopods and putting them under the substrate, they are a good alternative to springtails that clean so well and that thumbnails like, they are bigger and will clean out your tank... Great job with this! Check out Jeremy Huff for some feeders, great to work with!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I highly recommend getting some lesser wax worm cultures set up for any larger tinc/terriblis, etc. They are a great food that really helps the frogs bulk up...you primarily feed the maggots but the moths will work too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts