Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to see what would happen if I played a terribilis call for my P. terribilis. When I played the call the oldest and largest ran to the corner of the tank and crouched real low to the ground, my best description. The second oldest came to the center of the tank right under my phone and was looking up at it intently. The 3rd showed no interest at all. My frogs I believe are about 8-10months old. Does this mean anything, as far as behavior (male/female), or does it mean nothing, I am confused. Any thoughts would be great. Not sure if it mattes, but this was the call I was playing for them

·
Registered
179 Posts
My adult oranges both react to calls...the male wants to find it to kick it's bum, the female wants to find it for other purposes I'd say ;-)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I tried this the other day as well :) i wanted to see if any of my P. bicolors would call back in challenge or hop towards the sound. It got looks but no vocal response. I will try it again when they are a little older.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Save this tool and don't play it again for another 2-3 months. The first 1-2 times I ever played calls to my juvenile yellows, 3 of the 5 tried to call (their vocal slits hadn't opened at that point so no sound came out). That was a year ago. It turned out I had 3 males. Don't over play it right now though because mine stopped paying attention to the video sound after a few attempts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts