Dendroboard banner

Which group is your favorite (PLEASE do not answer if you haven't kept all 4 groups)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is meant for people who have worked with all of the groups.

No offense to those who haven't, but to be fair, it's hard to fairly judge frogs you haven't worked with.

I know I'm generalizing by only splitting into four groups, but regardless I'm interested to know what has held your interest the most after working with each group.

Of all the four groups, which tends to be your favorite?

Dendrobates - tincs, auratus, leucs etc

Other Terrestrials - phyllobates, ameerega, epips, LBF's, etc

Thumbs - imitators, lamasi, vents, fants, etc

Obligates - pumilio, histos, granulifera, etc

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Hey Teddy, I kept them all last time around. When I got back into the hobby I decided to just go with my favorites. I don't think it's any big secret that I do love my thumbs! Biggest reason? Hmm...They're cuuute when they're tiny!! I guess I love the climbing, I love the intricate patterns squeezed onto such a tiny frog. I love their little trilling calls.
Second in line would be Obligates.
After that, I have to admit I miss my Zaparo.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Hey Teddy,

This is a hard one.They all have their own redeeming qualities.I have all four groups but I'm having a hard time just picking one.Obligates are awesome because they raise their own(but could sometimes be their downfall).Thumbs are cool for the diverse color patterns and neat calls.Terrestrials are nice and big with loud calls(which I like too).Dendrobates are a nice mix and are easy to work with.

I'm ever so slightly leaning towards obligates but the wife is for the thumbs.I will have to think about it then vote later!

Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts