Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
First time poster but LONG time reader. I got into terrarium building a few years back and it has become a real obsession! I currently have two terrariums for my strawberry pumilios and dwarf cameroon geckos but naturally needed more. When then pandemic hit I bought a 36inx18inx36in paludarium and have been working on designing that. I wanted to walk through my steps and get feedback! Current tanks below :)
IMG_2303.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are looking really nice! What's the mossy type plant in the second photo in the top right corner?
Ugh! I can not remember the name (which is driving me crazy) of it but it definitely coves lots of ground, loves water and gets these tiny little white cone flowers all over it. In the first picture on the top right you can see one. I just searched and searched and I can not find it...but if I do I will let you know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorgeous! What kind of lights are you using?
Thank you :) On the bigger frog tank I have a Reptisun LED UVB hood on the front half and a T5 Dual 6500K Aquarium light in the back and on the small tank just a Reptisun LED UVB and a basking light!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank you :) On the bigger frog tank I have a Reptisun LED UVB hood on the front half and a T5 Dual 6500K Aquarium light in the back and on the small tank just a Reptisun LED UVB and a basking light!
Thank you. They look great

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
• Terrarium- (terra - earth), holds substrate and plants only.

• Vivarium- (viv - life), Containing both land Animals and Plants.

• Paludarium- (palus - marsh or swamp), incorporates both a land mass, and a LARGE water feature. Containing both water area(s) for fishes and land area(s) for animals and plants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts