Dendroboard banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
another way to get them out of the wood is to slowly dip the wood into a bucket of water... the termites flee from the water to the wood still above water. I use this to concentrate all the termites into the end, then quickly take the wood out of the water and smack it over a bucket or rubbermaid. A lot will be crawling along the outside, and you get more termite less wood this way.

Sometimes termite logs have little termite holes already in the logs, a sign that they are in residence, or at least were. Nice spongy feeling logs are the ones they tend to be in, and a nice hatchet will open these up quickly for a check. Be ready to step away quickly need be, sometime ants have raided colonies and these guys do NOT like to be messed with.

Mont. Co. has some parks and great wooded areas (my parents live in Howard, right next door!) so check these out for fallen logs. Loch Raven Resivor just north of Baltimore is my favorite termite hunting ground currently, I get nice batches on warm days when its been wet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.