Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mint morphs are so aggressive. they jump at my food and hit their nose so they have nose rot. They hit into everything. how do I fix that. And they only churp when I play a calling sound from my computer Are they still to young to breed? they are very heathy eat like pigs. I have three two churp the other on just stays away I think she is a female. I have had them for about 16-18 months. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My Phyllobates lunge when they feed as well but I've never seen aggressive feeding leading to nose-rub. Nose-rub is usually caused by some kind of improper housing. In my experience it usually means the frog is in a place he doesn't feel comfortable and is trying to get elsewhere. Is your substrate unusually abrasive? How large is the tank? How many frogs? Is it well planted with hides? What are the temp/humidty ranges?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
pictures would probably help.... I know terribilis are prone to rot although I was under the impression it was primarily foot rot. Still... Maybe your tank is being kept too humid? Or perhaps you're keeping your frogs in a tank that is too small... You're not housing them in a 10 gallon are you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts