Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW NOT TO DRILL TEMPERED GLASS.....

Now that's out of the way, when tank manufacturers build tanks and they have the sticker on the bottom of the tank that says "TEMPERED GLASS Do Not Drill", do they use tempered on the sides or just the bottom glass?

I believe the tank is made by Perfecto because the sticker has a little picture of a boat anchor on it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I KNOW NOT TO DRILL TEMPERED GLASS.....

Now that's out of the way, when tank manufacturers build tanks and they have the sticker on the bottom of the tank that says "TEMPERED GLASS Do Not Drill", do they use tempered on the sides or just the bottom glass?

I believe the tank is made by Perfecto because the sticker has a little picture of a boat anchor on it.
It depends on the manufacturer and the size of the tank as to whether they use tempered glass for the sides. Most manufacturers don't use temperd glass for the sides on anything smaller than 75, but it depends on Mfg, your safest bet is to contact the Mfg before drilling .

·
Registered
295 Posts
Any way to cut this doug i have two large sheets of 3/16 just sitting. Something like 72x34

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Any way to cut this doug i have two large sheets of 3/16 just sitting. Something like 72x34
I'll bet it's 34 x 76 which is a common patio door size. Sorry, but if it's tempered or heat strengthened, it cannot be cut or drilled.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like its time for the sledge hammer to come out

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you have an old dullish glass drill, it is a lot of fun. I wouldn't waste a good glass drill on it though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Im just going to bust it up so it will fit in a trash can.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That is pretty cool but i dont have any old bits and havent even started to fill my rack up. Maybe down the road i can try it out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
just a random idea....

my mom had a ton of tempered glass she had nothing to do with....so we shattered into tiny pieces and put it all in her FIREPLACE and it looks AWESOME. Super modern and it looks like we paid a fortune for it!

Took out all the wood etc, put a few of those black balls (dunno what they are, for aerating the gas or something to make the flame bigger) and then poured the glass all over the base of the spout.

just an idea my mom had but it came out looking :-o

1 - 13 of 13 Posts