Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, normally my terribilis vivarium is in the 70-80 range. However, today when i turned on their lights to see the temperature, i was shocked. It was 54.0! The terribilis were inactive, hiding in the leaf litter with only their faces poking out. Then, in about 10 seconds it rose to 54.9, but no higher. Now it's down to 54.4 again. I'm getting confused and worried. They have fully functional heat lamps, why the hell has their temperature drpped by 20+ degrees overnight? Please help my frogs!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Can you feel a temperature change in the tank from When it used to be 70-80? If you can, then how cold is the room they are in?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the temperature of the room that they are in?
Room temp is around 68-74, generally. I keep my terribs at a few degrees above that. Someone else came up with a suggestion on Canadart. I

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is your AC working and is your viv right in front or under an AC vent that is blowing cold air directly on the viv?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@beatusb
No, it is not. It is now reading 65, so whether it is messed up or if the vivarium is cold, it's warming up quite quickly.

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
If you didn't see a lot of condensation on the exterior of the enclosure, I doubt it was 54 F... It probably would have been dripping water...

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts