Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how high is the temp supposed to be in a viv? Low 70's? High 70's? I got one of those light kits from A&H, 50 watts. When I put the light flat on the tank the temp in the tank gets up there so I decided to elevate it a little. I only have a cd case on either side right now, trying to figure out how hi to elevate the light and the temp gets to be around 71-73 degrees. Is this a good temp or should the temp be higher? -DREW

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi,

Doyle's Dart Den has some species specific care sheets with temperature ranges. If you poke around you can find other sites with the same information as well. If you don't know what frog you are going to put in the vivarium, then mid 70's is probably a good goal to shoot for. When you say 72-73 that sounds like the temp with the lights on. Is it? I would monitor the minimums using a min/max thermometer for a while as well and see what the temperature is at night. Also, if the vivarium doesn't have all the plants, substrate, moisture in it yet, then the temperature dynamics will be a little different in the tank once it is fully setup. Bear in mind also where the frogs are going to spend most of their time as there might be a difference in temperature of a couple degrees from the top of the enclosure to the bottom.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes, when I was saying that my tank gets to be about 71-73 I did mean during the day. In the morning when I turn the light on, the temp is about 64-66 degrees. As far as my viv itself it is planted and the humidity looks to be quite high from all the conditsation on the glass. The type of frogs I'm going to be getting are Tinc's.
This is tank new.

This is a pick from today.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the ahsupply CF lights you may want to raise those a bit in summer depending on the room temp. I have mine , 1 2x36 and 2 1x13 5 inches off of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts