Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is about me! I would like to hear what you think of me and i dont want anything held back. I would also like to know why! It is important to know why. Also stating at what point in time ie a date.

This is going to be a thread for the ages and perfect for the thunderdome.

I would also like to hear if you have a positive thought towards me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i had heard indirectly about your past dealings. it was never mentioned though that you were a kid then. which would have made my concept of you different. Vendor Feedback Removed - use the Vendor Feedback area please.

AG

·
Administrator
8,737 Posts
That's a fair point. I just enforce the rules as they are written though.

It would seem to me that Vendor Feedback would be pretty much the same thing (minus getting personal - it's not like we're stopping anyone from getting personal here, just no vendor feedback). ;)

s

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is true i dont want to know about my business i want to know about me.

I guess better words would be about me and not the company. Everyone knows i did horrible things ten years ago. Unfortunetly some people wont let it die and like to use other excuses to say negative things.

for example frog flipping.....of course i flip frogs but that doesnt mean i dont breed them as well. I would also like to mention it doesnt mean that i dont care. I didnt sell one frog for 6-7 years because i didnt deserve to. i did keep them and donated a lot of frogs locally. It also helped me to grow into a better person. This is why I started this thread! I want everyone to voice the good and bad and when it happened. I guess in order to do that fairly i will create a thread on fauna. I will post it tomorrow when i have time.

I would also like to thank everyone because even negative criticism helps me grow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Ok I'll bite.

Taron, most of what I knew of you was through BoI. You were pretty young then so I was willing to give you a chance. Then a dart frog noob bought frogs from you. As I recall, he got 2 tincs, a leuc, and an auratus. He states he was advised by you to house them together. Last we heard from him, all but the leuc was dead.

Granted his tank was not ideal for darts and he was not supplementing properly. However, as long as you are giving someone advice to keep 4 different frogs together, I think it wouldn't hurt to also mention supplements and how their tank needs to be set up.

Sorry, this situation just sits in my craw.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ge...auratus-dead-skinny-tinctorius-fell-over.html
:eek:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have dealt with Taron this past year. I have bought several frogs from him before knowing of his past ( I should have looked up him but i didn't at the time) I don't regret not doing so because if i had it would have for sure made me not want to purchase from him but i have met him in person and have talked to him online and not once have I ever felt like he was going to scam me. Just my opinion. I know the past does affects you but what you try to evolve from it, is what matters the most.
-Jon

Ps Im quite passive and am not trying to get into this big argument or anything just putting my point of view out there.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
That's a fair point. I just enforce the rules as they are written though.

It would seem to me that Vendor Feedback would be pretty much the same thing (minus getting personal - it's not like we're stopping anyone from getting personal here, just no vendor feedback). ;)

s
That's fair....

My understanding in talking with some others (as I recall it was a mod), the moratorium on vendor feedback is for a few reasons. One is to avoid drama (let's face it, we've got enough drama on here without vendor feedback). Two is to protect those people who support the site and thus help to keep the site running (makes sense...). The third was the possibility of legal action for defamation.

My thought is: we've got so much drama on the board as it stands, what is one more thread? If things come out that paint Taron in a negative light... well... it's not like he can complain about it... he was kind of (literally) asking for it. And I'm pretty sure that under the circumstances, when a vendor becomes bold enough to say "Go ahead, don't hold back, if you think negative things about me then post them" then the legality issue is waived.... I might be wrong on that last one, but I don't think so....

*shrug*

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
this is true i dont want to know about my business i want to know about me.

I guess better words would be about me and not the company. Everyone knows i did horrible things ten years ago. Unfortunetly some people wont let it die and like to use other excuses to say negative things.

for example frog flipping.....of course i flip frogs but that doesnt mean i dont breed them as well. I would also like to mention it doesnt mean that i dont care. I didnt sell one frog for 6-7 years because i didnt deserve to. i did keep them and donated a lot of frogs locally. It also helped me to grow into a better person. This is why I started this thread! I want everyone to voice the good and bad and when it happened. I guess in order to do that fairly i will create a thread on fauna. I will post it tomorrow when i have time.

I would also like to thank everyone because even negative criticism helps me grow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Taron,

Almost all of the information I have about you is second hand. That doesn't give me a lot to form an opinion with. However, every second hand opinion I've heard, and thus the little information that I _do_ have to form an opinion, has been negative (makes sense to me... unless something is _really_ exceptional, people don't tend to accentuate the positive).

The one piece of first hand information I have is when I PM'd you about the slim possibility that, all things looking good, I might get some frogs from you I never heard anything back. Then I talked to a local about it and he reminded me that it was, indeed, your screen name that had come up in the past and I figured I'd cut my losses.

Here's what you've gotta understand. You may very well be a different person than the one you were when you did whatever horrible things you did.... But that doesn't change the fact that you did them. And it's not something people are likely to forget. The other thing is, people (most people) don't know _you_. They know your business. They know how you run it, how you treat your customers, so it's pretty unreasonable to ask people to make a distinction between you and your business when all of your posts and all of your transactions are representative of both you _and_ your business.

If you want some advice to help you "grow," here's mine. When you screw up in a major, and especially a public, way, it takes a long, long time for people to get over it. And after that, anyone you may have screwed, or were friends with people you may have screwed, or knew someone you may have screwed, will keep high tabs on you and will subject all of your actions and transactions to severe scrutiny. You're not going to overcome the negative opinions of other people by being a decent guy or running a decent business. You're going to overcome the negativity by providing service of an _incredibly_ high quality. You're going to provide fat (not obese), healthy, immaculate, disease free frogs (even wild caught frogs should be disease (parasite) free). You're going to make sure that sellers know exactly what you're planning on doing with their frogs (it doesn't matter whether or not flipping frogs is ethical, if you've screwed up in a significant way in the past, someone's going to find a way to put a negative spin on it unless you've gotten express permission from the seller to flip those frogs). You're going to provide hobbyists that you sell to with hobby sanctioned information (not the kind of information that frogface mentioned).

If you're able to do that, you're going to slowly win friends. If you're not then every minor screw up is going to get passed around (even without vendor feedback being sanctioned on the board) and... well... we've seen what has happened to frog businesses over the past year who _didn't_ have shady reputations....

Those are my thoughts.... I've actually enjoyed my time away from the Thunderdome over the past couple of months. So I think I shall take my leave once again.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I just work here Captain. :D

s :cool:
*shrug* you can't change the rules... I'm just ranting (I'm watching the Casey Anthony trials and becoming long winded and scrutinous... these lawyers are rubbing off on me).

Thank you for noticing. I love my signature.... Surprisingly (to me) it didn't cause _any_ uproar at all... alas :/

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
From the dealings I've had with Taron he seems like a good enough guy, but some what overwhelmed with the volume of deals he is working on at times. The two experiences I have had have been as follows, on one he sent my tad order to some one else by mistake but did make it up to me. The other order was sent out without checking with me first and resulted in the death of a dozen milk frog tads that were travelling for three days before I could finally track them down. In his defence he has attempted to either refund me the money or send new tads, He has also mentioned to me that he is stopping shipping through USPS and is going with Fedex moving forward so that should improve tracking and delivery.

Please note in the interest of fairness none of us are perfect and losses can still occur despite our best intentions and efforts as has recently occurred to me when shipping a pumilio to someone in Florida.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Taron I have a question, recently you imported what were 2 different morphs but similar Tincs. You stated definatively even though geographically these were located closely to one another they were different morphs. You implied you had insight as to the geography of these frogs yet you have never been there, do you not think the exporter wanted to sell twice as many frogs by claiming they have 2 morphs? I am not saying they are not, but putting total trust in these guys that really only desire to make a buck can lead to some damaging misinformation. You will find many of the exporters will tell someone what they want to hear in an effort to maximize the number of animals they want to export.
I had gathered from what you stated about what you knew of the collection area that you had seen specifically what made these 2 morphs of frogs. Can you please elaborate on the info? Putting a statement in place that says "this is what the exporter told me but can not be verified, so take it for what it's worth" is a perfectly acceptable description based on what we have for most imports.
In my opinion High Yellow Cobalts (Southern Surinam) '10 & '11 import would have been the best descriptor of these frogs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
*disclaimer for Scott (mods) : he doesnt have a vendor feedback area*

Anyways after reading all these threads about you I and hoped that may e you were lost in your younger days. It seems as though that is not the case. I walked by your table and was quite impressed with all the frogs you had.

I then met and sold a frog to someone who had dealt with you not more then six months ago. You claimed you sold him a pair. It was not. You claimed you had a guarantee. You did not honor it. I am not surprised. I had just hoped that I would be ableto come to my own conclusions but with your track record (that I includes recent transgressions) I cannot.

I myself have been sold a "probable pair" from another DB member and I will never forget him. Why? Because even with limited noob knowledge I was able to figure out it was not a pair. Instead it was someone trying to pull some BS on me. This is why I feel connected to this particular case.

While I don't wish any harm on anyone I do hope that noobs can see you for what you are. Being one of the few froggers that was at the RSS I am ashamed that you are the first person that most noobs will meet and trust.

Drunken rampage over.

1 - 20 of 478 Posts