Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the 5-Tier wide shelving unit at target today. It's supposed to be able to handle 350 lbs per shelf..

I just got done assembling it with one lower shelf, one in the middle, and one on top. I'm definitely a bit nervous.. it doesn't seem to sturdy. I was planning on putting two 18x18x24 ZooMed's on the middle shelf, and one 30-40 gallon(basically same size as the ZooMed's) on the lower shelf..

Anybody have any experience with these? Want to share some do's and dont's? I spent around $65 after tax on this unit.. I heard home depot's model is sturdier, might get it instead if it's not too much more $$..

THANKS!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Any shelf will feel a little more unstable with nothing on it. The weight actually helps stabilize it. I agree though, it can be a little nervous. After about the third nightmare of it falling over on top of my kids, I took a similar one back and went to lowes and got their modular one that is 2 feet deep and can hold way more weight per shelf.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Try the search function. Many have asked this same question, I recently responded to another thread saying mine work great.

Shaw

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have it. Holds 2 -30 gallons and 5-10 gallons and tons of plants. A little bowing but it wil hold indefinately

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got two 6' high and 4' wide from Home Depot and they work great. And just to let you know if you haven't already, you can make 3 shelves out of 2 by just using the 4 middle posts as one so you would have a 12' long rack.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate the input guys! Feel a little better now.. I'm going to rack everything up here in a bit, will let you know how it go's!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts