Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of tarapoto that seem to be in full breeding mode. I have 4 film canisters and two brom plants, but only one that holds water in the cup, in the 20H now. That's 5 places to deposit tads.

3 cups had tads and the plant has a tad. 3 tads have come out now and the plant tad is taking longer to develop.

I found two eggs on the glass on Sunday and two more today. Plus just now I see him carrying a tad on his back transporting to water. I'm afraid once all the eggs are hatched there will not be enough water for each of them. Can I add cups of water during this process and not stress them out? What about another brom?

I had planned to add another brom as soon as the little tads were out of water from the cups because it is close to the cups where I want to plant the brom and didn't want to disturb them. But now it seems the cups will be filled with new occupants. Can I just add the plant as well without stressing them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Yes, the best way is to add water slowly and gently by using a misting bottle. Personally I would add more film canisters and wait to add the plant until they were done breeding for a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts