Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these frogs from Mike Novy at the Carolina Exotic Animal show a few weeks ago. I had a zoomed 18" cube that I thought was perfect for them. It was ok but too small and not fancy enough for them. So, I cleaned out a 26g bow front and made it as fancy as I could. I'm not much of a DIY, but, I do try.

Anyway, here are the pics. :D

Old tank

Future tank before cleaning it out

mixing the clay

screening in the false bottom. I added a PVC pipe, just in case I decide to do something even fancier, later.

Covering the joints with clay. I was going to do something with the clay covered pipe. Roots or something and cover it with moss. Then I realized that it would be invisible with all the plants in the tank, so I abandoned that idea.

Positioning the wood

Plants added

FTS

Little pond area. I had just stuck a couple plants in there from their old tank and it got the water a little brown. It will settle. There is white sand, plants, and, some river rocks.

Inhabitants!
night time

day time

belly shot!

I love these frogs :D

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great. A little over-planted, but it has a jungle feel to it!
Yea that's what I would think. But, as was pointed out to me, these guys need connecting plants and branches to get around on. Watching them, they just flail their little arms around until they hit something, and then they climb up. I wanted to make sure they always had something to grab, wherever they were waving their arms. :D

I think the plants will settle down a bit as they compete for the best sun spots.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yea that's what I would think. But, as was pointed out to me, these guys need connecting plants and branches to get around on. Watching them, they just flail their little arms around until they hit something, and then they climb up. I wanted to make sure they always had something to grab, wherever they were waving their arms. :D

I think the plants will settle down a bit as they compete for the best sun spots.
Yea, well a tank like this is perfect for Tree Frogs as it "maximizes climbing surface area." I used to have a RETF before I kept darts and he would love jumping from leaf to leaf and just crawling around in the Pothos. I kind of miss him now that I think about it. :(

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Tank came out nice! I do question your last pic(belly shot), the wet look to it, you don't want to keep them exposed to that much humidity on a consistant basis, Bill

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tank came out nice! I do question your last pic(belly shot), the wet look to it, you don't want to keep them exposed to that much humidity on a consistant basis, Bill
That was last night, with the first misting of the tank. Look at the daytime pics from today. Nice and dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts