Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a pair of Green and Black Auratus. I dont know if im gonna get a breeding pair but i was wondering what would be a good size tank for just 2 dart frogs right now.

Nathan Long

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
what's the max frogs for 30 G cube?
i want to put azureus, auratus, leucs and tincs (powder blue) together. any problems with them living together?
thanks,

n

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Not gonna get too many friendly replies on mixing. Its best to try and keep one species together, removes the risk of hybridizing along with other things.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please excuse my english...I'm from Slovakia! :wink:

So all frogs cross breed out of their own species? can some be kept without hybridizing? I saw different species of frogs together at baltimore aquarium. no hybridizing to protect purity of breeds? I'm new so this is interesting.

thanks,
n

Ryan said:
Not gonna get too many friendly replies on mixing. Its best to try and keep one species together, removes the risk of hybridizing along with other things.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... since you are new, why dont you try to keep it simple? What I mean is pick one specie of frog that is often recommended for a beginner, and stick with that for awhile just so you get down the basics of keeping dart frogs. Then after you have some experience with these frogs you can get more, and gradually move your way up. From what i have read you are moving into this WAY too fast. Just slow down, read alot, and take everything in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too late I already have 6 luecs, 4 azureus, 4 powder blues and 4 auratus (my favorite)...but I take care of them good. I have a close friend who is into them too.

Trey said:
Well... since you are new, why dont you try to keep it simple? What I mean is pick one specie of frog that is often recommended for a beginner, and stick with that for awhile just so you get down the basics of keeping dart frogs. Then after you have some experience with these frogs you can get more, and gradually move your way up. From what i have read you are moving into this WAY too fast. Just slow down, read alot, and take everything in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait a second, i am confused... you said you are a beginner, which would imply you have no or very little experience with frogs. If you have that many frogs then you should at least know that different species of the same genus can hybridize, and you should know that D. lehmanni are not for anyone but the most experienced.

On a different note i am glad to hear that you do have frogs and that you take good care of them(and ask questions to make sure you continue to do so, such as the one related to mixing species earlier.) And if i may, i want to suggest reading, alot, before asking questions like that. This is because some of the things you asked about are often asked by beginners, who do not have alot of knowledge about the hobby( i myself am guilty of this).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can have all those frogs and not know anything about hybridizing. my frogs are froglets to juveniles and live seperate so I haven't had to worry yet about these things. that's why i ask. also I am getting feel for where these frogs will live permanently when full grown. after getting response, they will live seperately unless there are any combination of MY frogs that won't hybridize.

I saw a picture of d. lehmanni...wow I really like, but I do not want to get because of difficulty to maintain.

Just so you know, I have reef tank and three fully planted freshwater tanks complete with CO2. I'm fast lerner. husbandry comes easy.

I try to use the search function on this site and it's horrible. it never searches what I ask?!?!

Thanks,
n
Trey said:
Wait a second, i am confused... you said you are a beginner, which would imply you have no or very little experience with frogs. If you have that many frogs then you should at least know that different species of the same genus can hybridize, and you should know that D. lehmanni are not for anyone but the most experienced.

On a different note i am glad to hear that you do have frogs and that you take good care of them(and ask questions to make sure you continue to do so, such as the one related to mixing species earlier.) And if i may, i want to suggest reading, alot, before asking questions like that. This is because some of the things you asked about are often asked by beginners, who do not have alot of knowledge about the hobby( i myself am guilty of this).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts