Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a beginner and I need some assistance with my first build. I really like the idea of a dendrobates auratus super blue. I am looking for a tank to fit about 4 of them in. I am torn between buying a 20 gallon long vs a 20 gallon high, or a 29 gallon high, whatever size they come in.

Also, I am trying to decide if I should get two smaller tanks, such as two 20 gallons so I can keep two different species, or one large tank so I can keep more of one species.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody,
Frogilla

·
Registered
586 Posts
I recommend you set up 2 separate tanks. One set up can be more terrestrial to better suit the auratus and another vertical tank so you can try your hand at thumbnails, which is the other end of the spectrum. A lot of board members will set up one tank for the first species of their choice and as soon as they're done with that tank, they want to try something different.

The dollar per gallon sale is coming up at local Petcos. I suggest you take advantage of that and pick up two 20h tanks and convert one to a vertical and leave the other as a standard set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts