Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, if this has been covered, I'm sorry. I just need to know how to take good pics of my tank. I do know that putting the camera right up to the glass takes great pictures, but it only shows a tiny portion of the tank then.
I've read at least 90% of the posts in all the forums, but I might still have missed where this was covered.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I dont htink its been covered, but in the future you can always click the search button and check. I am sure some of the others can answer your question, as i dont even have a camera!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search and couldn't come up with anything:, thanks!!

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Of the whole tank? You have a couple of options:

1. Use no flash and a longer exposure, might need a tripod.

2. Take it a bit of angle so the flash does not reflect off the glass.

tiG said:
hi, if this has been covered, I'm sorry. I just need to know how to take good pics of my tank. I do know that putting the camera right up to the glass takes great pictures, but it only shows a tiny portion of the tank then.
I've read at least 90% of the posts in all the forums, but I might still have missed where this was covered.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like using Kyle's first method if I have the time. I will add more lights on the tank if feel like it too... It seems to help if you have the light just to the back half of the tank. Just play with it until you find what works for you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you make sure that the glass is spotless and put a really bright light (10,000 Kelvin+) on top of it you can generally get a pretty decent shot. Then you can use a photo editing program to cut out any unwanted portions of the picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts