Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't even HAVE a set up yet, but what if, in the future, there is a problem and i'd need/want to take the whole thing apart? If I use Great Stuff to make a background, how would this be possible? And if I put the Great Stuff on top of the false bottom, then wouldn't I not be able to remove the false bottom either? Has anyone here had a problem where they needed to tear down the whole viv? And in such a case, were you able to save the aquarium?

G

·
Yes, and yes.

I really have only taken one apart when moving frogs around. but I've done it. Just pull the stuff out/off (remove the frogs first of course). Then use a razor blade to scrape the glass clean. (careful around the corners, dont want to scrape off the silicon thats holding it together).

G

·
Howdy,

I have had to TWICE tear apart my large vivarium. From my experience, this time I constructed it to allow to removal of the substrate and false bottom.

I did, in fact, use the great-stuff type background. But I only have the background go down so far as to leave about 4 inches of empty glass at the bottom of the back piece of glass. In this way, I am able to just scoop out the substrate if necessary, and remove the false bottom without disturbing the background at all.

Now obviously this creates an "overhang" of space under the background, but I just filled it with orchid bark chips, so future frog residents won't get stuck under there.

I hope this isn't too vague. Unfortunately I did not take pictures during construction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts